Saturday, April 11, 2015

Technology, Usage and What is Next as of 2015

I remembered that not too long ago, the buzz word was what hardware is being released. I followed the Pentium processor being upgraded from one speed to another, as though, somehow, it creates excitement just by following it, but not owning it.

Then comes a time that the speed isn't followed that closely anymore, but we look at what version of software are being released. I followed Windows, from 3.1 up till now :) And it creates an excitement as well, just to get my hand on the latest version and try things out.

Then the Internet, with its ever increasing speed, introduced, freeware, e-commerce, online games and all of its possible outcomes. It created a lot of possibilities, fun, excitement: many more services that could be offered faster, better and cross the country boundaries.

It didn't stop there, as you know, with the emergence of mobile phone. And people talk of Internet of Things (as of 2015). Again, a lot of excitement of what is possible and I am already thinking about my fridge, washing machine and my car being online :) Can I just talk to them instead of pressing a button?

But one thing persist since Internet matured is that, it seems that technology doesn't seem to be that exciting anymore. It is not the most cutting edge processor that is in my mind or the users, no. It seems that seemingly simple application such as Whatsapp and picture/video filled Facebook is getting all the attention. We might have looked at Whatsapp and Facebook more than our friends in a day. Hmmm....

So, what can I say, technology (not cutting edge ones) is helping us define our lifestyle. And the next exciting thing, should be, what can we use to improve (or seemingly improve) or get us hooked on? Alibaba (getting that much attention) and its founder/employees are probably getting the biggest paycheck ever, so if I have to put my money, I would put in not on cutting edge technology, but idea that can change our lifestyle, intertwine simple technology which are readily available into our every day living, whether it is going to improve us or get us hooked on. Truth to be told, iPhones, iPads had the best intentions of us using it wisely, but, sadly, a lot of people get hooked on it, especially children on gaming etc. You might have read many articles about people not talking as much and are staring at screens everywhere they go.

That's what I think of the next big thing.... What do you think?

~~~ Life is an adventure where we search for the meaning of the outcome.

No comments:

Twitting Up and Down

    follow me on Twitter

    The Person Behind this Blog